Do You Qualify for Assistance this Winter?
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program is available for eligible households
This year has brought many financial challenges for members. If you are having difficulties making ends meet this winter, please reach out to your local Department of Social Services (DSS) and ask if you are eligible for LIEAP, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program. This federal aid helps eligible members defray the cost of their winter utility bills.
From January 1 through March 31, households may apply for assistance, until funds are exhausted.
To be eligible for the LIEAP program, a household must:
- Have at least one U.S. citizen or noncitizen who meets the eligibility criteria;
- Have income equal to or less than 130% of the federal poverty limit;
- Have resources, such as saving and checking accounts and cash on hand, at or below $2,250;
- Be responsible for their heating cost.
To inquire about your eligibility, please call the DSS in your county at the phone numbers below.
- Randolph County: (336) 683-8000
- Chatham County: (919) 542-2759
- Moore County: (910) 947-2436
- Montgomery County: (910) 576-6531
- Alamance County: (336) 570-6532
If you need further assistance with your bill, please call one our Member Service Specialists at your local office to discuss your concerns.